High Potency Coarse
High Potency Coarse
Reduced price bags are available here for limited time
The scoop in any images is shown for illustrative purposes only.
The size of piece that is usually preferred by larger parrots, such as Macaws, Cockatoos and African Greys.
- For birds that are being converted from seeds or any other diet. Birds should initially be fed High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months. See Dr Harrison explain the benefits of High Potency diets for birds who are converting here.
- As a year round formula for African greys, large macaws, Queen of Bavaria conures and other medium to large parrots.
- For birds that have special needs such as birds that are moulting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease.
- For birds that are weaning. Birds should be fed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- For birds that are breeding.
- Feed fresh food daily - do not 'top up'
- To help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals
- Birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline
Suggested daily amounts
|Species||High Potency Coarse||Additional foods|
|Pionus||10 - 15g (1 - 11/2 Tbs)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
|Amazon / Eclectus||15 - 30g (11/2 - 3 Tbs)||1 - 2 tsp|
|African Grey||15 - 30g (11/2 - 3 Tbs)||11/2 - 2 tsp|
|Cockatoo||15 - 30g (11/2 - 5 Tbs)||2 - 3 tsp|
|Macaw||20 - 60g (2 - 6 Tbs)||2 - 4 tsp|
Feeding of additional items
- Harrison's products should make up 75-80% by volume of your bird's diet.
- It is recommended that 15-20% by volume of the overall diet should be good quality, ideally organic, vegetables and fruits. Dark yellow meaty, or dark green leafy, items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
- It is recommended that 5% by volume of the overall diet should be high quality, ideally organic, items which provide a rich source of omega-3s. Examples include chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, or certain nuts. See this article for more information on the reasons for, and benefits of, including these items.
- It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal supplementary products.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
- Once opened, use the bag within 8 weeks. Due to the organic nature of the product for your bird's health, the food contains no artificial preservatives.
- Keep food in its original bag. Do not repackage into plastic bags or containers.
- Squeeze all air out of the bag before closing and 'zip' it shut at the top - if the 'zip' becomes damaged, fold the top open and close with a clip or clothes peg.
Composition: *Sunflower Kernels, *Hull-less Barley, *Soybeans, *Peas, *Peanut Kernels, *Lentils, *Corn, *Brown Rice, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, *Sunflower Oil
* = CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per kg: Vitamins: Vit A 4409 IU, Vit B1 2677 IU, Vit B2 2380 IU, Vit D3 276 IU, Vit E 99 IU, Vit B12 40mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 13.3mg, Manganese Sulphate 4.4mg, Copper Sulphate 2.7mg.